delightful surprises that are sheer gift from the God above
So, when I started this "blog thing" I had grand intentions of having an outlet of sorts to write my extroverted thoughts. But, for some reason I struggle to actually write anything at all, ever. What is wrong with me? Probably nothing.
I am sitting in an 8 hour class at 1301 Central Street at Evanston Hospital giving feedback for new "upgrades" to EPIC (which is our online, completely paperless hospital record system). I am a "super user" meaning: I am under 30 and grew up using computers and it comes more naturally how to use a mouse and to surf the internet. I work with much older women who begin to panick when they are sat down in front of a computer. To be honest, this class is a waste of my time and *sshole Wayne* is in the class tormenting me by his literal, physical presence. (that is a story in itself if you want to ask me later--just know that he is the pharmacist I used to work with who swung his arm at me one time and who called me a "stupid piece of trash"--yeap, he's what Jesus calls an "enemy".)
You are not going to believe this...the instructor just walked up to me and my boss, Kim, and told us we were done for the day. The deal was it was 10am. I had been there for only 2 hours, mostly emailing and updating my blog when I should have been reviewing new features (which somehow escaped me what they were). Hotdiggetydog.
Kim walked with me out to the parking lot, and being the cool manager that she is, said take the day off with pay and have a great weekend. Yippee.
So begins a 3 day weekend. Now I am off to go play in the most glorious yellow leaves that have been dumped in my backyard by the old maple. It shall be enjoyable.

1 Comments:
Woo hoo! What a fabulous way to celebrate the day. And that beautiful weekend we just enjoyed.
I have some *sshole stories of my own. I remember one woman at McDonalds who came back through the Drive-Thru lane (I was taking orders) and when I asked, politely, if there was anything wrong, she screamed, "I should just shove this ****in' cheeseburger in your ****in' face, b****!" I was so bewildered and shocked. I was also about 17. The manager said, "Oh, she's just having a bad day." Turns out the people at the second window had forgotten to put straws and napkins in her bag. I was kind of mad at the manager for not defending me more. Good thing it wasn't my dad. Of course, if it was, and he hadn't stood up for me, I would have been really crushed. But I'm sure he would have, though I've seen him take *plenty* of crap from PO'd customers over the years. It's hard for my mom to watch, too (since she also worked with him at the stores for years) but we know it's part of his job.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home