Tuesday, May 16, 2006

falling in love...

I think I may be falling in love.

Yesterday, lil' Audrey was swinging in the "life-saving swing", sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. And I just wanted to wake her up so I could hold her and kiss her and look into her bright and lovely eyes and dialogue with her in her new and growing language.

Now, this is a first. Up until this point, I would do whatever was possible to keep her asleep so that I could rest or get things done around the house that have been piling up. At the first sound of fussing or crying, off I flew, bounding up the stairs and flying through the rooms until I found her and as quickly as possible, I would search for the "plug" and insert it into her screaming mouth. And then I would hold my breath, put my hands on her flailing arms and just pray (literally) to God that he would keep her asleep. "Please, oh, please, God, put her back to sleep!"

So can you understand why I am a little surprised by my yearning and behavior yesterday?

Eventually, I just gave in and picked up my sleeping babe and held her close. She didn't wake up (kind of shocking). I then put her in the sling and walked across the street to deliver some hot rosemary potato fries to my dear sister-in-law, elsbeth and she still didn't wake up.

Oh well. At least she was close and I could pet her soft, silky skin at my leisure.
Do not fret. She eventually woke up, famished and ready to eat.
Kind of wonderful to be falling in love with such a little person who is still so very much undiscovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home