Thursday, June 22, 2006

smiles and raucous laughter

I was just reading an email from my mom, one of those silly ones where there is a list of questions that you fill in the answers and send it off to everybody and their neighbor. Well, I came across a very funny one that hit a funny bone.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Italy, Ireland, Paris, Austria, Israel and Waukegan

Isn't that funny? She lists all these wonderfully rich and somewhat romantically exotic place to vacation and explore, places full of history and importance. And then she lists Waukegan! I am sure people who have no idea on earth where Waukegan is read through that list and are led to believe that Waukegan is in line with wonderful and beautiful places like Italy. If only they knew. If only they knew that it was a small city in the northern suburbs of Chicago located on Lake Michigan and practically to Wisconsin. If only they knew it was a ghost town that used to be the place to go on the weekends way back when. If only they knew of all poor people who live in Waukegan that comprise a good portion of the work force for the north shore. If only they knew of the wonderful neighborhood I live in and am growing to love and appreciate.

You know why my mom listed Waukegan as a place to go and visit, don't you? Well, Audrey Anne, of course. She is infatuated and completely in love.

The other question my mom answered that I really enjoyed was this:

67. Hobbies: people

This is something I enjoy about my mother and I can see and feel it within me. We love people and being around them and involved in their lives. We wither without people. Kind of fun the things we inherit from our mothers!

So glad I am like you in many ways, Mom! (more to come on that topic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home