Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Audrey goes hiking!

Last weekend, Ivan and I took Brendan and Vicki and Elsbeth and Josiah to Devils Lake to go rock climbing with us. Vicki and I had decided prior to going that we would hike up with them but then spend the rest of the time on the beach chilling and catching up. I put Audrey on my back in the most wonderful backpack contraption that the Reeds' lent us. It was really fun but I sure was feeling the quad burn going up the steep trail. It felt so good to be outside and in nature. Ivan standing on the edge of the cliff with Devils Lake behind him. He had just finished setting up all the ropes and gear to repel down. Here he is with Audrey Anne who is more absorbed with sucking on the strings of her hat then the spectacular view.
She is such a wonderful baby. So easy in many ways. She was completely pleasant on our trek up and down the mountain. Singing and blowing bubbles. Her favorite thing was to grab my hair and of course put it into her mouth. We occasionally knocked heads together.
Believe it or not, Audrey is taking a nap on a rock. She slept for maybe 15-20 minutes while we watched Josiah try with all his might climb up a difficult piece of rock.

"Miss M." That is Ivan and my new nickname for Audrey. I am "Mrs. M" and Ivan is "Mr. M" so it seemed appropriate to call our lovely one, "Miss M". Isn't she cute? I like this picture witht he trees and valley behind her. I think she was pretty content in her little backpack perched on the rocks.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Blogger Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

This is *so* cute! Way to break her in early.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home