Friday, July 21, 2006

My first tomato!

This pic was taken a week ago and since we have had all sorts of great rain it is experiencing exponential growth. How fun. Last year I bought tomato plants and they ended up being little cherry tomatoes. Yuck. I was so disappointed because I had grand plans of canning tomatoes and making lots of sauce to can as well. So, imagine my excitement at seeing the beginning of large tomatoes. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM , Blogger Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Two of my tomato plants are thriving and are covered with tomatoes and new buds. However, one on the end died an excruciatingly painful, withered death (that's what it looked like to me, anyway). I was mystified and then noticed that the one next to it was having some wrinkled spotted leaves and that the strength seemed to be sucked out of it. I realized, with horror, that there was probably a fungus or some other disease working its way through my plants, so I bought some fungicide and have been diligently spraying in desperate hope of keeping the other three alive. I hate to spray, but what can I do? I also know that when the leaves start to shrivel than the damage has probably already been done, but I am hoping to at least keep my other two plants alive.

This is heartbreaking. I'm sure the first-floor neighbors are amused by my little pleading conversations with my plants: Please, don't die little tomato plants. Please, please, please don't die!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home