Monday, July 31, 2006

This is why I love gardening.

There is something so invigorating and life-giving when I see something I have nurtured grow and bloom. And I get even more of a rush when I see something I thought was dead be resurrected under my care. LoAnn gave me some climbing rose bushes that I had left outside (roots exposed) for some time. I did water them and try to keep them moist but thought for sure they were goners. There was a little green left on the plants so I thought I would put them in the ground, water and water them (as all rose bushes love) and see what happens. Well, wouldn't you know, they came back to life? One in particular is very happy. Still waiting for the other one to show some signs of new growth. I sing and talk to them regularly coaxing them to life.
Do you see the little rose leaves shooting out the top of the 2 green sticks? Resurrection!

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

I ate my first tomato today! It was from the plant that appears mostly dead. I think it stopped feeding its one tomato, so the tomato ripened red early. The bottom appeared all ruined with fungus, but I cut it off and ate the good stuff. Despite the odd texture of an early tomato, the flesh was delicious! And my fourth plant (a different variety than the first three) seems to be holding its own against the fungus that has taken its peers. Praise the Lord! Truly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home