Friday, August 18, 2006

"Daddy Look Alike"



Ever since Audrey was born she has been a "daddy look alike", as I like to call her. She kind of looked like me when I was born, but as she has grown older, she resembles Ivan more and more. Those big blue eyes, wonderful ears that stick out and glow in the sun, her rosebud lips. And most people see Ivan in her adoreable and charming face than they see me. Every so often, I look deep into her face and try to find me. Where am I in that beautiful face?

One day, I was leaving work and taking my ID badge off my lab coat and was about to put it in my drawer and I caught a glimmer of Audrey's face...and it was in my ID picture. "There I am," I said to myself. Audrey and I have the same smile. I guess we inherited it from the Hahn side of the family.

I smiled my crooked smile and was delighted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home