
It is about time. I have been trying to feed Audrey rice cereal mixed with breast milk for the last month and a half and she always gives me the most miserable face that says, "Mommy, what the hell are you putting in my mouth. That isn't milk; are you trying to trick me?" And as the rice cereal would somehow make it's way to the back of her throat she would start to dry heave bringing up the big meal of breast milk from before. Dear Lord! And Ivan, of all people, would freak and say, "That's enough!" I tried baby oatmeal. I tried making it really thin, like a liquid. Well this morning we had success. Rice cereal + warm formula (can you believe it?) + smashed bananas. I think the banana was the key. She ate at least a tablespoon or two. I am so thankful. I have been hoping that when she starts to eat more solid foods during "waking hours" that might mean she would be getting an increased amount of calories during the day and won't need as many at night. Which ultimatley means...yeap, you guessed right...I could sleep more. Right now I am up every 2-3 hours nursing her throughout the night. I swear, I think she eats more at night then during the day. So,
yeah!! for rice cereal and bananas.

You think she wants more? What a cutie! Such perfect rosebud lips (which she inherited from her father).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home