Friday, August 18, 2006

The rewards of living in the 'hood.

So my car stereo was stolen many moons ago, right under my nose while I was sleeping in my house. I've gotten over it and have become accustomed to the long trips of silence in my car. I am learning that there is another reward, or blessing you might call it, for having been robbed my really nice CD/Radio stereo that my husband gave to me as a generous surprise gift. And this is the reward: you find yourself praying for people, events, things you pass by. Especially in the morning as you drive to work. I am thankful for this. I pray for some of you, I spend time thanking God for the little things, I pray for my day at work, I pray for my husband. And as I drive through the 'hood of North Chicago and literally pass by a prostitute sleeping on a stoop I pray for her as well, that God would rescue her and bring freedom from her bondages. I guess this is one of those examples where God works all things for good.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Uh, don't you pray for your daughter?

Boy, I would sure miss my music, my NPR and my books on CD. I could do it, I guess, but I would *miss* them!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home