Tuesday, January 09, 2007

An 'ol Martens' Christmas morning tradition...

French toast fondue!
This was my first experience of this breakfast creation. It was fun, tasty but left a rock in your tummy after a while. I needed a grapefruit to wash it down, if you know what I mean. The way it works is you take french bread, cubed and dip it in some sort of egg batter and then plunge it in the hot oil in the fondue pot. Let it cook a while and the pull it out lathering it in maple butter. Not exactly weight watchers, but heck, it was a holiday, right?
I think my Dad, brother Gabe and Ivan could have kept eating and eating and eating, but we had to pull them away out of mercy on their arteries and because we wanted to open presents.

My brother, Nick, on the other hand, reported to us that he can't eat eggs in the morning otherwise this happens. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, that sounds fantastic. Can I have the recipe? When's the next holiday?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home