Monday, January 01, 2007

An old poem of mine I went hunting for...

I shared about this poem in my housegroup not too long ago. One of those times in your life when God makes himself real to you--and you are convinced. Convinced of his good intentions towards you.

Here goes...[this was my first poem I ever wrote, by the way]...

My soul is not barren.
You have impregnated me with fullness.
I keep walking and you fill me.
I am soaked in mercy.

My heart is sure in the gray-blue dusk,
for I know you linger.
I am leaning, leaning into.
I rejoice.
I am content in you, my God.
I fully delight in you
for you are my shepherd
and my cup is splashing over.

Gently I feel your grace and mercy blowing me along,
just as the wind licks the grass.

Peace is mine.

[Written at Chapter Camp, May of 1999]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home