Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Text to go along with pictures below...

Stupid blogger is giving me a hard time.

Here is the text that is supposed to be attached to the family portraits.

I don't think I mentioned this story yet. My mom stayed for an additional week after Christmas to hang out more with Audrey Anne (whom she can't get enough of) and one day we drove into Highland Park (where I work) for a pediatrician appointment for *AA*. I wanted to introduce my mom to all the people I work with at the Kellogg so as we were walking in the big double doors, I run into a patient of mine getting into her car with her husband. She says to me, "Oh, I am so glad I ran into you." Panting for lack of oxygen and clearly dying of cancer, she tells me she has a gift--I am thinking a box of chocolates or something like that since the holidays are just wrapping up. Nope. She wanted to give me her full length beaver fur coat. Yeap... I think my mom was a little taken aback by this gift (as was I). She asked me later if I normally get gifts like that--nope. Very generous lady. I think she knew her life was coming to an end and was beginning to sort through her "things" and give them to people who would appreciate them. So now I am the proud owner of a fur coat--which looks amazing on me! I feel a little awkward wearing it. Kind of like a peasant stepping into the queens gowns.

My mom (who is a very talented photographer and artist) took a photo shoot of our little family the morning she left to drive back to Iowa and eventually to northern California. It was a moody day on the shores of Lake Michigan--just the way I like it! I wore my fur coat, Ivan wore his very handsome new jacket given to him by his family for Christmas (well done, Brendan) and Audrey, of course, wore her pink coat with faux fur around the collar and sleeves. What a family we are! Very dramatic pictures. This was Ivan's idea to stand on that railing. I didn't care for that adventure, but I did it anyway with his assistance.

I love the rocky shore and the coast line wrapping around. The best part of this picture is Audrey laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home