Happy Birthday, dear Audrey Anne...
We celebrated Audrey's 1st birthday this last Sunday at Uncle Jason and Tante Leah's. Her real birthday is this coming Saturday (the 24th of February--an infamous day in my mind of pushing for close to 5 hours). Ivan's third brother, Brendan, is getting married to the lovely Victoria on her birthday so I threw a birthday party for her a little early. Ivan reminded me the morning of that this party really was for me. I realized. I also wanted to celebrate her.
The above is a video of her birthday cake and us singing happy birthday to her. I accidentally cut the video off at the very end, thinking I could quickly get a snapshot of her "blowing out" the candle. But I failed in this endeavor and cut off the funniest part of the video.
We finished singing and Audrey went to "blow out" the candle by using her fingers--for the flame must have looked lovely to her. Ivan, in the knick of time, blew it out and she was all confused where the pretty, flickering flame had gone to.
Oh well. We can't catch everything on film, can we?
Like Audrey taking her first 3 steps with Ivan and Abuelita on Sunday at church and me missing it!
Oh well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home